- Students are to be dropped off no more than 10 minutes before class time, and picked up on time unless otherwise discussed with the teacher.
- Please call the studio if the student will be absent or significantly late to class. The student may make up a missed class in another class.
Dance Works will follow the Quakertown School District for snow and ice closing. Please take note!!! If the weather improves greatly during the course o the day, Dance Works classes will be held. You can visit our website/facebook page for updated infformation www.quakertowndanceworks.com. Make-up classes are available for any missed lesson.
Pictures will be taken in April 29th. Payment for all pictures is paid directly to the photographer at that time. If you are not planning on purchasing photos we ask that you still come to have a group picture taken. All group pictures will be displayed at the recital.
Our program consists of four stages of development; Pre-School, Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. This program allows the student to progress through the various stages of learning without too much restriction due to age. Progression will depend on ability, experience, and individual proficiency. NOTE: Placement is based solely at the discretion of Kathleen Johnston and her instructors.
The first full week of February is visiting or students families. Only two persons per child may attend your child's classes.
- No chewing gum
- Hair must be up and out of the face.
- Please be sure your child has the proper shoes and attire for dancing. This is for your child’s safety.
- No jewelry, children can be hurt by dangling earrings and necklaces.
- No cell phones allowed into class.
- All ballet classes must wear pink tights, black leotard and hair in a bun.
- All competition classes must wear their hair up in a bun.
- To preserve the atmosphere of quality dance education we reserve the right of any instructor to dismiss any student from class due to misconduct.
Dress Code: All students must have proper attire to attend class.
All classes must wear their hair up and pulled back away from their face.
Dress code will be enforced.
No street clothes, No street shoes
No Accessories: No jewelry, watches, etc. Children can be hurt from dangling earrings and necklaces.
Students must follow the appropriate dress code for each level - No Exceptions:
|Pre-School||Pink Leotard, Pink Tights, Pink Ballet Shoes and Hair Up|
|Beginning Combination||Any Color Leotard, Tights, Black Jazz Shoes and Hair Up|
|Beginner Tap||Any Color Leotard, Tights, Patent Black Tap Shoes and Hair Up|
|Intermediate Tap||Any Color Leotard, Tights, Black Tie Tap Shoes and Hair Up|
|Advanced Tap||Any Color Leotard,Tights, Black Tie Tap Shoes and Hair Up|
|Beginner Jazz||Any Color Leotard, Tights, Black Jazz Tie Shoes and Hair Up|
|Older Beginner Jazz||Any Color Leotard, Tights, Black Gore Boots and Hair Up|
|Intermediate - Advanced Jazz||Any Color Leotard, Tights, Carmel Gore Boots and Hair Up|
|Ballet||Any Solid Black Leotard, Pink Tights, Pink Ballet Shoes and Hair Up|
|Pointe||Black Leotard, Pink Tights, Gaynor Minden Pointe Shoes and Hair Up|
||Any Color Leotard, Footless Tights, Foot un-dez.|
|Modern||Any Solid Color Leotard, Footless Tights and Foot un-dez.|
|Hip Hop||Leotard, Shorts/Jazz Pants (NO STREET CLOTHES OR STREET SHOES) Tights and Black Jazz Sneakers.|
Any Color Leotard, Footless Tights, Bare Feet and Hair In Ponytail
No jeans, sweat pant shorts or black dance pants