- Students are to be dropped off no more than 10 minutes before class time, and picked up on time unless otherwise discussed with the teacher.
- Please call the studio if the student will be absent or significantly late to class. The student may make up a missed class in another class.
- When a lesson must be cancelled you will be responsible to bring your child to a make-up class. Cancellations due to inclement weather will depend on school closing. Dance Works will follow QUAKERTOWN SCHOOL DISTRICT for snow and ice closing.
- If weather improves greatly during the course of the day Dance Works classes will be held. You can check our website/facebook page for updated information http://www.quakertowndanceworks.com/
- Private lessons must be cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled start time, otherwise full payment will be due.
Pictures will be taken in April 29th. Payment for all pictures is paid directly to the photographer at that time. If you are not planning on purchasing photos we ask that you still come to have a group picture taken. All group pictures will be displayed at the recital.
Our program consists of four stages of development; Pre-School, Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced. This program allows the student to progress through the various stages of learning without too much restriction due to age. Progression will depend on ability, experience, and individual proficiency. This instruction also eliminates the need for your child to jump from one class to another every year, thereby promoting consistency in the learning process. If you have any questions about classes and how this affects your child please call the studio. NOTE: Placement is based solely at the discretion of Kathleen Johnston and her instructors.
The first full week of December is when visiting will be allowed. Only two PERSONS PER CHILD WILL BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND. Please abide by this rule. If you cannot make the appointed time you must get permission from your child’s teacher to observe class at another time.
- No chewing gum
- Hair must be up and out of the face.
- Please be sure your child has the proper shoes and attire for dancing. This is for your child’s safety.
- No jewelry, children can be hurt by dangling earrings and necklaces.
- No cell phones allowed into class.
- All ballet classes must wear pink tights, black leotard and hair in a bun.
- All competition classes must wear their hair up in a bun.
- Competition groups --- if your child is placed in a competition group they must compete---if this is a problem, let us know and we will change the class.
- To preserve the atmosphere of quality dance education we reserve the right of any instructor to dismiss any student from class due to misconduct.
- Hair Neatly Secured: Hair should be secured away from the face in a ballet bun or similar style for all students. If hair is too short for a bun, please wear a headband to secure hair away from face.
- No Accessories: No jewelry, watches, etc. Children can be hurt from dangling earrings and necklaces.
- Attire: Students must follow the appropriate dress code for each level - No Exceptions:
|Pre-School||Pink Leotard, Pink Tights, Pink Ballet Shoes and Hair Up|
|Beginning Combination||Any Color Leotard, Tights, Black Jazz Shoes and Hair Up|
|Beginner Tap||Any Color Leotard, Tights, Black Tap Shoes and Hair Up|
|Intermediate Tap||Any Color Leotard, Tights, Black Tie Tap Shoes and Hair Up|
|Advanced Tap||Any Color Leotard,Tights, Black Tie Tap Shoes and Hair Up|
|Beginner Jazz||Any Color Leotard, Tights, Black Jazz Tie Shoes and Hair Up|
|Older Beginner Jazz||Any Color Leotard, Tights, Carmel Gore Boots and Hair Up|
|Intermediate - Advanced Jazz||Any Color Leotard, Tights, Carmel Gore Boots and Hair Up|
|Beginner Ballet||Black Leotard, Pink Tights,Pink Ballet Shoes and Hair Up|
|Intermediate - Advanced Ballet||Any Solid Black Leotard, Pink Tights, Pink Ballet Shoes and Hair Up|
|Pointe||Black Leotard, Pink Tights, Gaynor Minden Pointe Shoes and Hair Up|
Beginner - Advanced
|Any Color Leotard, Footless Tights, Dance Paws. Younger Students May Use Foot Un-Deez.|
|Modern||Any Solid Color Leotard, Footless Tights and Dance Paws.|
|Hip Hop||Leotard, Shorts/Jazz Pants (NO STREET CLOTHES OR STREET SHOES) Tights and Black Jazz Sneakers.|
Any Color Leotard, Footless Tights, Bare Feet and Hair In Ponytail
No jeans, sweat pant shorts or black dance pants